Monday, October 01, 2007

Happy Birthday Kennedy!

Our baby turned two on September 14th, it has been so fun to watch how much she has grown up the past few months, but also sad as a mom that she is not my baby anymore. Unfortunately, with getting in the car accident the day before her birthday it wasn't quite as exciting as we had planned, but we tried to still make it fun.




Regan and I gave her a Barbie ATV for her birthday. She is so excited to be able to keep up with London in her jeep. They follow each other around and it is so cute, but as you can see from the picture of Kennedy on the grass, she hasn't got the hang of steering yet.



We took the girls to T.G.I.F. Fridays for dinner. Kennedy was a little weirded out by the strangers singing to her, but the ice cream sundae was a hit. Kennedy shared with London and I think more ended up on their faces then they actually ate.


For those of you who know Kennedy, you know how much she LOVES Barbie. So, when I heard they were doing a sneak peek of the new Barbie movie at the zoo where kids could meet "Barbie" the day after her birthday we had to go. She wore her Island Princess nightgown that Noni and Papa sent her for her birthday and thought she was very special. Then we spent the day wondering the zoo and riding the train.


On Sunday we had a princess party with family and one of her little friends. We did a princess pinata and the kids had a blast trying to break it. However, after giving all the kids multiple trys we had to let the adults at it. Uncle Kent was the hero when he finally broke it. Here are some pitures of the girls taking a swing.





After presents and the pinata it was time for cake. The fingers go straight in the cake and then to her mouth, then she looks up to see if she is in trouble, but is all smiles when she realizes it's my party and I can get away with anything. Happy Birthday to our BIG GIRL!


I

7 comments:

jeanine said...

Happy birthday Kennedy! It sounds like she had a wonderful birthday!

ps. The background on your blog is so cute! Where did you get it?

Kent said...

Kennedy has definately figured out how to cheese it up for the camera huh?

What a cutie! I'm glad that we are so close and able to see her and London grow and change.

Megan said...

Oh what sweetness!! Happy Birthday!!

Amy said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun. The girls are sure cutie pies! Can't wait to see you next month!

Kate Rosenvall said...

Happy Birthday Kennedy. It looks like she had a fun party.
P.S. Love the pinata!!!

Sheila said...

How fun! I'm loving seeing your family...you guys are super cute. I cannot believe our babies are TWO!! I swear it was yesterday that Jeff and I were at your house for dinner with our little newborns...CRAZY!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Miranda,
You don't know me, but I went to High School with Regan. I just happened to come across your blog and I thought to myself I think he looks familiar. And yep sure enough it was Regan. After high school as always you lose track of everyone. Well if you could just pass this to Regan and tell him I said hi that would be great. Also my email address is btsloan@hotmail.com if you want to let him know. It would be good to catch up. Thank you so much
Brent Sloan