Saturday, September 15, 2007

Car Accident!

Thursday Night I was coming home from picking some things up at a friends house with the kids and was rearended. I was about a mile from my house and I started to slow down for a red light at an intersection and some guy behind me slammed into the back of me going about 45 mph. He then swirved to the left and hit a truck that was stopped in the turn lane. Of course, he was uninsured & driving on a suspended license, he claims his brakes went out, but witnesses told cops he was on his cell phone and he had his music blaring and wasn't paying attention. Plus, the cops said there were skid marks like he tried to stop last minute and nothing appeared to be wrong with his brakes. So, luckily we have uninsured motorist coverage on our insurance that will pay for the damages, we just have to pay our deductible. But, I just have to say I HATE STUPID PEOPLE! My only consolation is that he was then handcuffed and sent to jail because apparently he had $40,000.00 in outstanding warrants. Ironically, the other lady that he hit husband's a cop. LUCKILY, the girls seem to be fine except for being a little shaken up and London is very concerned that "our car is broken", although when dad brought home the rental (a suburban) today after taking our car into the body shop they were excited that we got a "new car" they may be disappointed when ours comes back. I didn't fair quite as well as the girls and seem to have a very bad case of whiplash, but I went to the hospital and there doesn't appear to be any major damage. For now I'm just very sore and stiff and can hardly move my neck. Hopefully, in a few days I will be back to normal with a little help from 800 mg IBProfin. I'm just so grateful that it wasn't worse, especially considering the circumstances. Here are some pictures of the cars. The piece of crap jeep of course was his, the Pilot is ours and the truck is the other ladies that he hit.




8 comments:

Kent said...

Wow! I hope you are okay soon. Of course, half the time dealing with the insurance companies is like getting hit all over again. (But you know that from your working days huh?) If there is anything we can do to help please let us know.

By the way, the time stamp on your blog gave away that you weren't in bed before 11pm :)

Rachel said...

what an idiot. i am glad you're all okay for the most part but how frustrating to have to pay for all that with your insurance. I hope they lock him up!!

Sheila said...

Oh my gosh, Kari and I were looking at this together...CRAZY! I'm soo happy that you are all ok, I'm sure you're still feeling it. LOVE your blog and I'm soo happy your doing it! Our is www.capellclan.blogspot.com. I'm excited to keep in touch.
Love, Sheila

JerzyGrl said...

Wow! I'm so glad you and the girls are safe!!!

Megan said...

UGH!! Annoying. Stupid people. We got hit by an uninsured motorist once and I was so glad we had that insurance. I'm so glad the girls are ok, make sure you get them new car seats, insurance will pay for it. Get lots of rest!

Megan said...

Oh! And I love your new layout, where did you find it??

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the new look of your blog. you did a great job. Sorry to hear about your accident. What a scare. I'm glad everyone was okay. Isn't it how it always goes to get into an accident with someone without insurance. What a pain. I hope everything works out.

Jocelyn Allan said...

I'm so glad you guys are o.k. Those pictures looked horrible! Now that our fall schedules are a little more set with the kids, we should try to get them together on a more regular basis--Ani loves playing with your girls!