Monday, December 17, 2007

Car Accident Round 2

So, apparently unknown to me, I must have been driving around the last few months with a bumper sticker on my car saying "Please hit me". Unfortunately, going bowling was not the only event of the day after Thanksgiving. That night I went to run some errands and to do some Christmas shopping and a guy ran a red light hitting me head on. I was stopped at the light at 9000 South waiting to get onto I-15. I received a turn arrow and started to go when I saw him coming. I slammed on my brakes and tried to swerve out of his way, but he wasn't paying attention and didn't even see me. He slammed into me head on going about 50 mph. The worst part was that I was trapped in the car until the other driver was able to get my door open and help me out. The rest is somewhat of a blur until they loaded me into the ambulance. Luckily, six staples in my head, a hairline fracture to my nose, knee problems, a bad case of whiplash and a lot of bruising is all I ended up with. I am so grateful the girls weren't with me and that it wasn't worse. It has been a long road to feeling better and I think I have been to more doctors the past couple of weeks then in my entire life, but I am so grateful I am okay. Here are some pictures since a lot of you have been asking, we feel very blessed I made it out of it okay. As you can probably see from the pictures, my cute pilot was completely totaled. I am now a proud owner of a Honda Odyssey Mini Van (Picture to come).











13 comments:

JerzyGrl said...

Wow! I'm so glad you are OK, and I still can't believe you came to my wedding the day after all of this...

Amy said...

Holy Cow! I'm so glad that you are okay! Those pictures just give me the chills!

Rachel said...

so glad to hear you're okay. I can't believe you were not hurt worse considering the damage to the car. (not that staples in your head is not bad enough) I hope you are feeling okay!!

TheOrttFamily said...

Oh my gosh I can't believe it wasen't worse then that as far as your injuries..glad to hear you are ok and that the girls were not with you that would have freaked me out..Hope recovery is going well..

Marshall and Alison said...

We are glad you are okay. We loved your family picture Christmas card. So cute. Have a good Christmas.

Sulsh Blog said...

Hi Miranda, so pleased you're making a good recovery from this awful car-wreck. Someone was definitely looking down on you that day!! We send you lots of love from across the pond and hope to see you all next year, Mick & Sue & family XXX

Sheila said...

OH. MY. GOSH! Miranda, I swear that bumper sticker must have been more like a lit sign above your car, I'm so glad to hear that you are OK. I'm sure you're not totally OK though...and I'm sad that you have to deal with all the effects of some idiot not paying attention. I'm excited about the new Odyssey though!! Hope that your Christmas was great, we loved your card.

STRINGHAM FAMILY said...

Wow, i am so sorry, how are you doing? I hope you are doing better take care of yourself.

Alisha said...

I came across your blog and saw your horrible accident. I'm so sorry, I hope you are ok. Anyways, hope all is going well for you!
Alisha "Moss"

Jeremy said...

Hey Mandy!

Glad you left a comment on my blog! It's been a while 'eh? Looks like life is great, aside from this horrific accident you were in...I hope you're still healing and doing well and stop by my blog anytime and feel free to comment and I'll do the same!

Jeremy

Amy said...

Time to update your blog guys!!!!! Take care!

chelon:) said...

oh my goodness...that is awful. i am glad that you are ok. jealous about the minivan :) that is my next purchase in may!!

Jamie said...

Wow, I had to check out the blog after talking to you. I hope everything works out in the end! And sorry I couldn't help you with your getaway!