Monday, August 04, 2008

Getting Ready for Baby

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned to Miranda that we should update our blog. Afterall, a lot has happened since the last posting: London turned 4, Miranda and I enjoyed a week away in Las Vegas, we had a Guth Family Reunion in Indiana, and plenty more summer adventures to share. I have also be traveling a lot for work and my new role in the Young Men's organization - so my comment was met with an invitation (or should I say a challenge) to create a posting of my own.
So here it is - My Very First Blog Posting! You are a part of history in the making!

As we prepare for the new baby (the jury's still out on the name - don't get me started on that!) there's a lot to do. Miranda has done a phenominal job of "nesting" and organizating all of the baby stuff. I have to admit, so far my role has been relatively easy! My one (major) task has been the renovations of the nursery (yes our house is barely a year old and we are already renovating!!)

Since this will be Girl #3 and I REFUSE to have another pink room in the house, we had to get a little creative. Here are some pictures of the nursery before, during and after the work.

























































9 comments:

Melinda said...

The room looks great! Great job on your first post Regan. I had to laugh when you mentioned not having a name yet because I have heard all about that from Mandy. I know you guys will decide on a wonderful name for baby girl!

Amy said...

Great job blogging Regan! The room is so cute! Wat to go guys! i can't believe the baby is coming so soon! We need to get together again while you still have time!

Kent said...

Welcome to the club of husbands that have to post or their blogs will be blank.

You are way too handy! I wish I was better at that kind of stuff. Looks really great.

As for names, good luck with that one!

Anonymous said...

Good on ya, mate! Nice room. Nice post. Nice preggo profile! See, blogging's not so bad. How 'bout Goneril Guth? Stick with the Lear theme: London (England), Regan, Miranda (half English). Hmm. Not sure where Kennedy fits in, but Goneril Guth works!

Scott said...

Dude! The room looks sweet! You could've done this to our room in college. Who knew you were that handy?

Marissa and Family said...

Regan I'm impressed with your renovating skills, not to mention your blogging skills. The nursery is darling, I love it! Now I need to see it in person. Lookin' good Miranda!

The Laurence Family said...

Wow! I was trying to go on strike - something like I wouldn't comment on your blog until you guys finally started leaving comments on mine or something - but since you did your first OFFICIAL post I might have to break the strike and start again tommorrow! The room looks great! I'm excited to see it in person. Also, please don't hold it against me that the only name Craig came up with sounds like a disease! I'm sure whatever name you guys choose will be perfect for her!

Janine said...

What a cute room! And you finally look pregnant-it's about time. I'm excited for you.

Jamie said...

I came to this post and I thought it was our house! We did the samething in my babies room only blue and I posted the progress. Too crazy!
Jamie Benich