Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Gone Fishin'

Well...not exactly. Saturday night we took the girls up American Fork Canyon to roast hot dogs and make s'mores, along with some friends - Scott and Lisa Richards (Ashlyn, Hailey & Whitney). While we were running errands earlier in the day, I came across this Barbie fishing pole. I'm not sure if London was more intrigued by the idea of fishing or the fact that the fishing rod was pink. (I've really got to help my girls find a new favorite color!)

Right next to the picnic sites in the canyon is a mountain stream. We've watched other people catch fish there before, so I figured why not test our luck. We bought the pole, floaters, hooks, and bait. London and Kennedy could not believe we were using REAL, LIVE WORMS! Good luck getting either of them to touch one!

After I baited the hook and handed the pole over to London (because she had been practicing casting all afternoon), she promptly cast the line clear across the stream, the hook stuck in the trees. It was a great cast, but that mountain stream sure was cold!
With another hook baited, we tried again, and again, and again, and again. Not a thing. London got bored and bailed. So Kennedy gave it a whirl. She caugth one right off the bat - a nice 18 inch long stick! So much for fishing! At least I have soccer!

And if you are wondering, I'm really not trying to turn my girls into Tom Boys, just trying to expand their cultural horizons!

London, Miranda, Kennedy, Ashlyn & Hailey cooking dinner.

London always has fun roughin' it in the mountains!

Kennedy and Ashlyn roasting hot dogs.


Where are all the fish, Dad??


Kennedy fishing - notice the others got bored and took off!


Cute girls - having fun in the mountains!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Very cute pictures of the girls! I'm sorry you didn't catch any fish but I'm sure you'll have better luck next time. I can relate to the cold mountain stream after fishing out Clayton's garbage last year when we all went! The things we parents do for our children!

Carl said...

Regan, I had just seen this news article about a man catching a record fish with a Barbie fishing pole before I read your blog. Maybe once the girls get the hang of it, they'll be pulling record catches too.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,407901,00.html

kristi and family said...

it looks super fun... all the girls are so cute together...

Anonymous said...

The girls are getting so big, I would have never recognized Kennedy, We need to get together sometime before you have the baby.

Kristen said...

London is SO grown up! She's still beautiful. I always thought she was the prettiest baby girl ever. It's fun to see that you're posting again!